Pickleball has the potential to transform your mind, body, and soul, as playing pickleball will improve your health, wellness, and well-being. Research has shown that, if you play pickleball, you may reap the following benefits, among others:
- Better physical fitness;
- A stronger, more positive mental state;
- Weight loss and weight management (you can burn 600+ calories per hour playing pickleball);
- Better cardiovascular and metabolic health, which will reduce your risk of heart attacks and strokes;
- Stronger bones and improved flexibility to reduce your chances of osteoporosis and joint problems;
- Increased blood flow to improve hand and foot use and prevent blood clots;
- Increased insulin production to prevent and manage diabetes;
- Stimulation of your mind to prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s (pickleball will keep you sharp as a whip!); and
- Stronger muscles to make everyday tasks easier, help increase your independence, and reduce any chances of falling.
In other words, by playing pickleball, you will likely live longer and live better, as you will be physically and mentally healthier and have a greater quality of life.