Pickleball is a sport with a funny name that is a combination of tennis, badminton, and table tennis, and has rapidly become the fastest growing sport in the United States. Here are 7 reasons why you should join the movement and start playing pickleball today!
- Be Part of a Community – Pickleball is much more than just a sport; it is a community. Pickleball and pickleball players are social (both on and off the pickleball court) and inclusive of players from all backgrounds, ages, and skill levels.
- Easy to Learn and to Get Better – The rules of pickleball are simple and easy to learn, no matter what your skill level or age. Pickleball is also a sport that you can easily improve at and excel at! For some tips and tricks to get you started, visit Pickler Pickleball’s Basic Pickleball Tips to Improve Your Pickleball Game Blog!
- Be Physically Fit – Pickleball will improve your physical fitness (you can burn 600+ calories per hour playing pickleball), and will help with weight loss and weight management. Pickleball also leads to stronger cardiovascular and metabolic health, as well as stronger bones and muscles (in other words, playing pickleball will help you live longer!).
- Be Mentally Sharp – Pickleball will also help keep you mentally alert, as the sport involves strategy and social interaction. Pickleball will also give you a stronger, more positive mental state (those endorphins make you happy!).
- Play All-Year Round – Pickleball is a sport that you can play both outdoors and indoors, which allows you to play all-year round, no matter the weather!
- Inexpensive to Play – Pickleball is relatively inexpensive to play. All you need is a pickleball, a paddle, and a court (which could be in a driveway, a street, or a local public park).
- Pure FUN – Most importantly, pickleball is FUN! Pickleball will also lead to lots of laughter, and will give you friends for a lifetime and that extend well-beyond the pickleball court.
Are you ready to get out onto the pickleball courts today? To learn how, visit Pickler Pickleball’s How to Learn to Play Pickleball Blog!